Looks good, Please Share
There are so many exercise equipment you can use to work out. They have various styles, specific used and benefits like for cardio, weight and strength exercise.
Equipment’s such as treadmill, medicine ball, bicycles, boxing pads, etc.
Yet, one of the most common and used equipment there is, the dumbbell.
Dumbbells are used in weight training, they are made of either metal bars or cast iron with metal plates on both sides. Can be used individually or in pairs, with one in each hand.
Here are 10 Most Favorite Exercise using Dumbbells;
- Biceps Curl – with a dumbbell on each hand start on standing position. Arms should be hanging at your sides while palms facing forward. Then flex your elbows to curl the weight in a controlled motion. Pause the motion then go back on the staring position.
- Shoulder Press – with a dumbbell on each hand start on standing position. Do the pressing movement by extending your arms, flexing and abducting your shoulder to rotate the arms as you press above your head. Pause at the top then go back on the staring position.
- Overhead Triceps – start on a sitting position, hold dumbbell on one hand directly above head with arm fully extended. Try to clasp elbow with free hand for support. Then, slowly fold elbow so dumbbell is lowered behind head. Finally extend arm back to staring position and repeat.
- Front Raises – on a standing position, knees slightly bent, shoulder with apart. Palms should be facing towards thighs. Raise one dumbbell directly in front of you. When arm is parallel to ground lower dumbbell slowly back then repeat with the other arm.
- Hammer Curls – in a standing position with dumbbells both sides. Turn palms inward so they face body. Curl dumbbells up slowly keeping your elbows close to sides. Do as many repetitions as you can.
- Flat Chest Press – Lying flat on a bench or mat, hold the dumbbells directly above chest with arms extended. Then lower dumbbells to chest on a controlled motion, press dumbbells back to starting position and repeat the movement as many as you can.
- Half Squats – Holding dumbbells at sides, stand upright with feet shoulder width apart. Bend and do squat position while keeping your back flat. Return to upright position and repeat.
- Lunges – Holding dumbbells at sides, stand upright with feet shoulder width apart. Step one foot forward about 2 feet and bend your knees to 90 degrees nearly it touches the ground. The push off with front foot to return to starting position.
- French Press – lying on a flat surface or bench, hold dumbbells with both hands directly above chest with palms facing and just about touching each other. Locked your shoulders and let your elbows fold so dumbbells are lowered down to either side of head. Go back to staring position and repeat.
- Triceps Kickback – standing position right beside a bench place one arm and leg on the bench. Upper body should be parallel to ground. Holding dumbbell raise your elbow so upper arm is parallel to ground while elbows bent on right angles. Then extend elbow so entire arm is parallel to ground and go back to starting position, repeat. Switch position and work on the other arm.
There are so many dumbbell weight class to choose from. In using this equipment, you should be conscious on how heavy you can carry to avoid any injury. Better start on lighter weights and as you get used to it move on to higher weight.
Dumbbell exercises are good for building and strengthening muscles on upper body especially the arms and shoulders part.
Try these 10 most favorite exercises using one of the most effective tool, the dumbbells.