- Heart Disease and Stroke
- High Blood Pressure
Exercise keeps you away from illnesses or at least helps you prevent from it.
Mornings are considered as blessings, you get to wake up for a new great day. It is the perfect time for some quiet moment to think, list down to dos for the day and exercise.
But not all are morning person and super tired to wake up . It takes a lot more of a loud alarm clock to wake you up.
This winter season when the temperature is cold, most people want to just snuggle and stay on bed.
Is it as simple as getting out of that bed?
Here are some tips on how to wake up early;
- Get motivated and excited. What drives us in the morning to get up and get going? Your kids going to school, work, important errands, gym to workout or going to somewhere fun. If you have something to look forward to the easier and exciting to get up.
- Sleep early. Early to be early to rise. Adjust your sleep pattern, observe changes and do it gradually. Calculate your sleep hours, try at least have 8 to 10 hours of sleep everyday.
- Set an alarm, put it across your bed a little bit far from bed so the moment it alarms you will forced to get up to turn it off. Set two alarm time only (about 5-10 minutes apart), first one to prepare your inner self on waking up, the second alarm is for you to actually get up. Don’t snooze and go back to sleep.
- Drink water or coffee. First thing you do once up is to drink some water or coffee. These drinks helps you make feel more awake and alert.
- Do some warm up exercise. Jumping jacks, pushups or squats are good easy exercise in the morning. Warm ups and stretching helps your bones, muscles and nerves ready for the day. Continue workout in the gym or run outside in the park (if your time permits).
Be consistent on these steps until it became a habit.
Remember as they say, “Early bird catches the worm”.
Enjoy rising with the sun.
1. Share to family or someone’s expert, like a coach your idea of wanting to get fit and healthy, seek their advice. Let your love ones know your cutting weight and encourage them to join you too. Get support from them.
2. Set a goal, knowing your ideal weight is way better to meet and be healthy. Don’t overdo and be skinny. It would be one of the best goal to achieve before the New Year starts.
3. Eat healthy, balanced diet with lots of vegetables and fruits, and drink plenty of water. Prepare your holiday feast less carbs and fats. Use substitutes and choose healthy options for example instead of regular pasta use zucchini pasta (vegetable option).
4. Start an exercise routine. Baby steps, begin with simple easy routines body strengthening workouts for better core;
- 10-20 Squats
- 10-20 Side Lunges each side
- 10-20 Push Ups
- 10-20 Sit Ups
- 30 sec – 1 Min Plank
and indoor cardio routines for proper breathing so you can stay long doing exercise.
- Walk up and down the stairs for 5 Minutes (no stairs walk around the house)
- Jog in place for 2 minutes (if you have a treadmill much better)
- Butt Kickers for 2 Minutes
- 1-2 Minutes Jumping Jacks
- Frog jumps for at least 2 minutes
5. Get Rest too. If its painful stop, make it part of your routine to rest at least every 2 days of workout. Because if you get hurt or injured the more workout days you will loss.
6. Don’t stop once you reach your goal. Being consistent and making exercise a habit will keep you healthy for a long time.
Move a lot and have fun this holiday season!
While on vacation and celebrating Thanksgiving with the family, don’t forget to do some workout to get rid of the calories and fats from all the food we consumed.
Do some cardio exercise at home, easy and will just take tiny bit of your precious family time.
Cardio workout is designed to increase and improve blood flow. Help you to burn calories and improves proper breathing.
Do these exercises 1-2 reps for 20 to 30 minutes.
- To warm up start a 2-5 Minutes Climb stairs. Climbing stairs is a great way to get your heart rate up.
- 1-2 minutes Jump rope , if you have no rope try jumping jacks instead.
- 2 Minutes Squats and have some combination of Jump Squats
- 5-10 minutes Walk or Jog on your backyard or around the village
- To finish it up, do some planking for about 2 minutes.
Invite your family and friends with you and work out together. This could be a fun and healthy activity to celebrate Thanksgiving.
Happy healthy Thanksgiving everyone!
It will be a whole month long of gatherings and holidays. Control over food will be hard, gaining weight will be easy.
Before all this festivities , start working out and prepare your ideal body weight and figure.
Ideal body and weight are different for each people. It always depend on how you feel comfortable and happy. Most importantly is how good your health is and will be.
Healthy is being not easily getting ill, able to do physical activities, mentally and emotionally positive and for most people, looking good and feeling good.
Help yourself and do these challenge for 30 days;
Tip: Do these exercises as many repetitions as you can. But don’t forget to warm up, take a sip of water to hydrate, rest a little and stretch out afterwards.
It would be a great gift to one self to have ideal body and look great this holiday season.
It’s not season for sleeveless clothes but make no reason to better hide your arms.
Flabby arms on the other hand needs some workout.
Here are 5 easy ways to get rid of these fats hiding on your arms;
1. Arm Circles – Stretch out arms to ‘T’, palms face the floor and start do front circles for 30 seconds, then back circles for 30 seconds.
2.Knee Pushups – Start on all hands and knees on ground. Lower your body until shoulders align with your elbows.
3.Overhead Press – Start with your elbows bent on 90 degrees. Using your own resistance push arms slowly up and overhead until fully extended. You can use some dumbbells for more resistance.
4.Floor Triceps – Start on the ground where you bent your knees, hands behind and fingers forward position. Then push up through arms, lift hips and extend your elbows.
5.Bicep Curls – In a standing position, start feet apart, arms at side. Lock elbows against body and using your own resistance slowly curl your arms up. Use dumbbells for more resistance.
Do these exercise 2 to 4 reps everyday.
Holiday season are the days when we love to attend gatherings and parties, where food are everywhere. Gaining weight would be easy.
Prevent some weight on your arms and do these workout.
Everyday we move, doing chores, labor works and even going to work. Movements helps our body and somehow we are doing cardio without even knowing it.
There are simple cardio workout such as walking, running, biking, swimming and so on, as long as you move and get sweat.
But if you do intense training such as boxing, martial arts or any combat sports like Jiu Jitsu, cardio exercises are very important to build strength, lean muscles and develop proper breathing.
What is a cardio workout?
Cardio workout are set of exercises that raises your heart rate, getting you pump up and makes your body warm enough to get ready with more intense exercise. Sometimes, people take cardio as warm up exercises.
These workout I listed below are more stationary and can be done in the comfort of your home. You may only need a space, mat and jumping rope and your on.
Here are the best cardio workout efficient for intense training;
- 1 minute jump rope
1 minute plank jacks
50 high knees
1 minutes squat punches
5 push ups
50 jumping jacks
**Repeat these exercises in order for two times (2x) or as long as you can everyday. Try to hydrate in between repetitions.
These movements makes your body stronger, and stronger muscles make for a more efficient and healthy body.