1. Share to family or someone’s expert, like a coach your idea of wanting to get fit and healthy, seek their advice. Let your love ones know your cutting weight and encourage them to join you too. Get support from them.
2. Set a goal, knowing your ideal weight is way better to meet and be healthy. Don’t overdo and be skinny. It would be one of the best goal to achieve before the New Year starts.
3. Eat healthy, balanced diet with lots of vegetables and fruits, and drink plenty of water. Prepare your holiday feast less carbs and fats. Use substitutes and choose healthy options for example instead of regular pasta use zucchini pasta (vegetable option).
4. Start an exercise routine. Baby steps, begin with simple easy routines body strengthening workouts for better core;
- 10-20 Squats
- 10-20 Side Lunges each side
- 10-20 Push Ups
- 10-20 Sit Ups
- 30 sec – 1 Min Plank
and indoor cardio routines for proper breathing so you can stay long doing exercise.
- Walk up and down the stairs for 5 Minutes (no stairs walk around the house)
- Jog in place for 2 minutes (if you have a treadmill much better)
- Butt Kickers for 2 Minutes
- 1-2 Minutes Jumping Jacks
- Frog jumps for at least 2 minutes
5. Get Rest too. If its painful stop, make it part of your routine to rest at least every 2 days of workout. Because if you get hurt or injured the more workout days you will loss.
6. Don’t stop once you reach your goal. Being consistent and making exercise a habit will keep you healthy for a long time.
Move a lot and have fun this holiday season!