‘Tis the season to be jolly!
Perfect time for gift giving, and going out for shopping is fun yet tiring. You can shop online but the shipping now is costly, takes time to get delivered and sometimes inaccurate.
So better go out and shop it yourself. It will be a long walk, falling in long line on the cashiers and carrying those shopping bags will be exhausting.
Why not do some warm up exercises first before you run to the mall?
Warm up exercises helps us to stretch out (good for some flexibility), body temperature will rise up (keeps you awake, ready and warm from cold weather), and strong enough to do some shopping.
Here are some easy yet effective warm up exercises;
- Jumping Jacks (50x)- in a standing position start jumping while arms over your head.
- High Knees in place (50x or at least 2 minutes) – while running in place, raise your knees above reaching waist level or as high as you can simultaneously.
- Jump Squats (25x) – begin in a squat position, then engage your core and jump up explosively. When you land, lower your body back into the squat position.
- Pushups (10-20x) – On the floor, start on a good posture push-up position. Position your arms correctly to properly support your body. Keep your back straight, flex your ab muscles and squeeze your gluteus. Then slowly lower your body as if your are pushing the floor away from your chest, and repeat. For assisted push-up, try to put your knees on the ground instead.
- Lunge with a Twist (20x) – start on a standing position, lift your right foot off the ground and place your right foot on the ground heel first. Then, twist your upper body to the right. Shift you left leg forward then twist.
Do these routines for only 1 to 2 repetitions depending on your capability and sleep hours. Remember you need more energy later, these routines should just warm you enough, stretch your body and boost some energy ready for a day long physical activity. Don’t overdo and tire yourself.
Stay warm and Happy shopping!