Jiu Jitsu for Fitness
Mix martial arts are now known to a lot of people who wants to be fit and strong at the same time, and one of the most popular is the Brazilian Jiu Jitsu (BJJ).
BJJ was first evolve through the adaptation of Judo ground fighting. It is a combat sport using technique and leverage.
Grappling is the main act for this kind of sport. Many consider this to get fit and be able to defend themselves. Learning the techniques at the same time losing weight is a great combo for fitness lifestyle. It will push oneself to be better and competitive.
Challenge is that you will be put out of your comfort zone most of the time. Learning to get comfortable and make the best of it on that position is a great learning to earn.
BJJ has take downs, submission holds, arm bars and choke holds. It can be lethal but people doing this sport knows when and how to tap out.
Benefits of BJJ to fitness are;
1. Fighting skills – learning techniques can be tiring and sweat drenching most of the time. On this process you’re exerting more energy in which helps the body to loss weight.
2. Mental toughness – being put in a position and grappling one on one requires you to focus, calm and be smart in all the moves.
3. Stamina – grappling takes at least 3 minutes. You will be able to learn the ability to sustain physical and mental effort.
4. Endurance – pain and soreness are the norm in combat sports. To be able to train and be back on the mat despite of everything shows a lot.
5. Physical strength – because of all the warm ups, drills and hours of grappling your whole body will eventually gain strength.
It would be nice to get fit and gain a skill at the same time.